Monday, October 3, 2011

Paying the price for fun

We took the kids to Disney World for 6 days and my goodness am I paying the price for it now.  We had so much fun while we were there but WOW, I don't know if I could be in more pain.  At the time, I thought to myself, I should rent a wheelchair, especially at the end of the trip but I was too afraid that it would scare the kids so I didn't but now I am hobbling around like crazy.
I definitely pushed it too much and didn't admit how much pain I was in each day but it was so worth it to see the magic in their eyes.  I hate though that I have to pay the price for having fun and ultimately the kids have to pay the price because now I am almost incapacitated from pain and fatigue.

1 comment:

  1. I have wanted to take my girls to Disney World. More so since my new dx and the news of a 3year life span. I know I will have to have a wheel chair. I couldn't imgaine walking that much without one. I would die out in the middle of the day. You are my hero for being able to make the trip fun for your kids and letting them be kids and not worry about your lupus. I know the pain must be crazy but I am sure see the kids was more than enough payment. I hope that I can give that to my girls before I die. GOOD JOB!!

    ReplyDelete