Saturday, January 23, 2010

You have got to be kidding me

I'm supposed to have bladder surgery on February 1st and have gotten everything prepared for my children and husband.  I've got friends to watch them while I am in the hospital, my husband has taken time off of work, my parents are coming out to help and I think I am finally mentally prepared for it.  At this point, I just want to get it over with and move on with my life.  Unfortunately, I injured my thumb 2 weeks ago and am in a soft cast and when I went to see my surgeon she said we may need to postpone the surgery.  I don't understand what a thumb has to do with my bladder.  I need to see my ortho on Tuesday to get clearance for the surgery and if he won't clear me than the surgery is postponed.  When I spoke to his nurse she was also confused why my thumb would have anything to do with my bladder but....
Please, let me get clearance from him.  I'm so ready to have this over with and move on with the recovery of my body.  My children have been told and I don't want it hanging over their heads' any longer; they are stressed already.  I think I may have to beg the orthopedist if he won't give me clearance.  I know everything happens for a reason but I'm getting cranky with the idea of postpoining this surgery.

2 comments: