Thursday, May 27, 2010

My poor husband falls by the wayside.

Over the past few weeks to months my poor husband has fallen by the wayside.  C is the most supportive, loving husband that I could ask for so why do I allow myself to take him for granted.  I make the assumption that he is always going to be there for me and then I neglect him.  I don't think there is anyway that I could be a working mom with my lupus but even if I could he works long,hard hours (with a 3 hour daily commute) so that I am fortunate enough to stay home with L & R.  C never complains when the house is a mess because I am too tired to clean, or we eat take-out for a few days in a row.  He offers to do the laundry and vacuum for me on the weekends so that I can just concentrate on feeling good and taking care of the kids.  C doesn't mind my "steroid" mood changes and has come to expect them along with all of the other wonderful side effects of the meds.
He really is a wonderful man and husband so why do I allow him to fall by the wayside all of the time.  I often feel so spread out by being a mommy, wife, lupus patient, & homemaker that one of them tends to fall off.  Unfortunately, it is C that tends to fall off.  By the time he gets home from work at 7pm, I am so tired from the day that we sit on the couch and talk until I fall asleep by 8.
How do I change this?  How do I change my priorities?  By changing my priorities, what else is going to fall by the wayside?  I guess it makes the most sense to let the house fall by the wayside but we often have people over and I can't have them come into a messy house and with two young children, it can get messy.  I would love to hear comments on how you balance everything because I'm not sure what to do.  I know that things need to change just not sure how.

No comments:

Post a Comment