Monday, September 20, 2010

Making up for lost times

I think my guilt over my illness has gotten the better of me as I seriously think I may have overextended myself with activities for my children.  As you all know, I have a 5 & 6 year old and one is in kindergarten and the other is in pre-K.  There isn't a lot going on with my son yet aside from his football practices which are twice a week and then games on Saturday.  However, my daughter really wants to do Daisies (Girl Scouts) and the only way that she can do it is if I volunteer to be the troop leader.  I spoke to them on Saturday and they basically said that she would be waitlisted but not to hold my breath.  So, now in addition to being Team Mom for Cheerleading, Class Mom for school and on the PTA, I am going to be a troop leader for my daughter's Daisy Troop.  I know that I will probably be just as active with my son when he gets into school also.
I really hope that I am not overextending myself but I also am beginning to realize that these are things that I can do even though I am sick.  Most of the work involves emails, phone calls and that sort of thing which I can do while laying on the couch and resting.  I also haven't seen her so excited to have mommy doing these things with her in a long time.  My husband is concerned that I am doing to much and maybe I am but to see the joy on my kids' faces makes up for my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment