Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Breaking my heart

My 6 year old daughter brought home a home made book yesterday from kindergarten about feelings and there were two pages that absolutely tore my heart out; one in a good way and one in a bad way.  The first was that she felt loved when mommy gave her kisses.  That melted my heart...I loved that one.  The second was that she felt said when mommy had to go to the hospital.  That tore my heart out because what 6 year old should even have to be faced with the proposition of their mother needing to go to the hospital on a regular basis.  Sure there are mothers that need to go, but why do I need to be one of them?
Then it got me to thinking that at least it will hopefully teach my daughter empathy and patience with others along with a sense of caring for those that may be sick.  Hopefully it will teach her that not everyone is as fortunate as she is and that she should cherish each day.
I guess that I am trying to look on the positive side of this because if I don't, I may just cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment