Monday, February 21, 2011

I joined a gym!

I'm so excited and I just had to share that I went and joined a gym this evening.  My doctor told me that it would be a good idea to start exercising and that scared the crap out of me because in the past everytime I have tried to exercise, it has resulted in a major flare and I told her that.  She told me to join a gym and get a trainer that can help design a plan for me and just take it slow.  About five minutes down the road, a new gym is just opening tomorrow and I decided to join.  It is a bit on the pricey side but the trainers are certified and are used to dealing with disability and arthitis.  The biggest thing though was that the gym has a pool which none of the other "cheaper" gyms have around here.  Water aerobics is the best thing for me and my joints so I'm super excited about it.  I do feel a little guilty though as we are trying to watch our spending and we have a "gym" in our basement but I feel like I need the "push" of a trainer and the gym to really get me going.

Besides, I need to loose some of my prednisone weight before boating season starts in another few months ;)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I joined a gym last year and went only a handful of times! I just can't seem to get motivated when it comes to exercise! I am hoping to be a little more diligent about doing my yoga...but since my class a week ago I haven't even done that!

    ReplyDelete