Sunday, June 13, 2010

Freedom for my kids

While I was in the hospital, my husband did everything he could to keep the house under control but now that I am back, I am learning some of the things that happened while I was gone.  This is in no way a critism against him at all but things that made me laugh and shows what truly is important in life.

1.  Not a single bathroom had toilet paper in it, everyone used tissues
2.  My children had not been bathed from Monday night until Sunday morning, when I forced him to bathe them.
3.  I'm lucky if there teeth were brushed once a day
4.  I have forts all over my house
5.  My husband has taught them some games that I would never in a million years have thought of but they truly love to play now.
6.  Both of my children are in pre-K but neither of them made it to school the entire week I was gone.
7.  My 5 year old daughter did her hair by herself because Daddy just couldn't figure it out.
8.  I don't think a fruit or vegetable wasn't eaten the entire time I was gone
9.  Daddy brought out toys like their bounce house and power wheels to play with which usually don't get brought out by me
10.  They all survived and are no worse for it.  They may be a bit clingier and cuddlier but that is OK with me.

I'm very blessed to have such a great husband who ran around like a maniac cleaning up the best he could so that I wouldn't be stressed out when I got home from the hospital but also to have such a loving, caring father to our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment