Saturday, June 12, 2010

Just out of hospital

Well, my body couldn't fight what was going on and I just spent the past 4 days in the hosptial dealing with pericarditis or mild congestive heart failure.  My ekg and echo was showing inconclusive data so I need to followup with a cardiologist in a week.  In the meantime, I am on my heavy duty prednisone and hoping that the oral prednisone is enough to keep me out of the hospital.  Along with that, my hepatic function is a bit off so I need to followup with my rheumatologist on Tuesday.  I really hope that everything turns out as minor as it can be.  My poor little kids seem to be bouncing back as best as they can.  My 4 year old is definitely a bit clingier than normal but that is OK while my 5 year old seems to be doing fine now that I am home.
My poor husband is still a nervous wreck especially since his best friend is still in the hosptial so combining that with me being on the cardiac floor has made him a bit neurotic.  Once again, my wonderful friends came through for me and my family.  I hope one day that I can repay them for all that they have done for me.  I truly am blessed with wonderful friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment