Sunday, June 6, 2010

Here we go again

As you read in my last post, a dear friend of mine and my husband's best friend suffered a massive heart attack last week.  My husband really wanted to be close to her family to help out as much as we could so we took the 5 hour drive up to visit them.  While there, we found out that she was found unconscience and then suffered a massive heart attack in the ambulance.  They are not sure what caused it but she does have some brain damage and her organs are in really bad shape.  C was not able to visit with her because of her current status so we went over to her house and had our children play with her daughter for 3-4 hours.  This was great for her daughter but it now has my children fearful that something is going to happen to me.
They know that I am not healthy and to hear that another mommy is in the hospital really scares my daughter.  I hadn't really had to deal with all of the questions lately because I have been stable but they are all back now and I am trying to be as delicate as possible with her while still being honest.  It is so difficult sometimes to know what to say and what not to say at their ages; they are 4 & 5.  Our friend's daughter is only 2 so she misses mommy but doesn't understand what is going on.  I'm not sure which is worse for a child but am so greatful that they are so resilient.

Again, please keep our friend and her family in your thoughts and prayers as they can definitely use them.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment