Sunday, February 14, 2010

How do I go on????

I have a few friends that often question how I continue to go on and be so optimistic when I am often dealt with major health complications.  This got me to thinking about how come I can be such an optimistic person and in turn made me start realizing how many good things I have in my life.  Granted I am a very ill mommy that can't do as much as I would like, I'm often in pain and have to push through extreme fatigue just to function but I also have two wonderful children that are gentle with me and give me a reason to push through the fatigue and pain.  I am often short-tempered with my husband but I have an understanding husband that does not care if there are fur-balls on the floor and dishes left in the sink.  I often depend on my friends more than I would like and can't always reciprocate to them but I'm so thankful that I have friends who care so much for me.
If I didn't have Lupus then I may never know how truly lucky I am; I would much prefer to NOT have Lupus but it is important to look on the bright side of things, otherwise I would probably be a miserable person.  Don't get me wrong, I have my moments when I am miserable and in pity mode (you can see previous posts) but I REALLY do have a lot to be happy and optimistic about.

No comments:

Post a Comment