Saturday, February 20, 2010

What to do when sleep just won't come?

It is now 2:59am and I can not sleep to save my life right now.  I'm cuddled up on the couch with my dog and the Winter Olympics and getting so annoyed with everything because I can't sleep.  I can hardly keep my eyes open but as soon as they close my mind starts working and prevents me from drifting off into sleep.  So, instead of getting annoyed I thought I would make a list of things that usually help me to fall asleep that I have tried tonight that are not working.
1.  Just getting into bed---no way that was going to work today
2.  Cuddling with my dog---doing that but sleep is still not coming
3.  Reading a book---tried that and after an hour I just got a head ache
4.  Watching a little tv---not working yet
5.  Watching the TV show Dexter---for some reason no matter what this always puts me to sleep but it didn't work this time

At this point, my son is going to be up in 2 hours so not sure what else I should try to do.  If I run a bath, which I know would help, I think it would wake my son up since he is such a light sleeper.  Warm milk just makes me gag and I'd love to take a Tylenol PM or something like that but because of my liver damage I'm not allowed to.  Ugh, I have no clue how insomniacs do it. 
This just sucks and my heart goes out to insomniacs all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment