Monday, February 22, 2010

Sometimes Lupus isn't that bad....

My daughter noticed that I wasn't feeling great today and she came up to me and said "Mommy please let me give you a massage and help you feel better".  I proceeded to lean down and let her massage my head for me and I have to be honest, it really felt better afterwards.  The look on her face of pure satisfaction that just rubbing my head made me feel better was priceless.  I'm not sure what it was but it definitely took the pain away for a bit and it made me smile to see the kindness in her eyes.  Sometimes, I am grateful for my illness as it gives me a deeper insight into the true kindness of people, including my children.  My children may not know this empathy if it wasn't for my lupus so for that I should be thankful as in the long run it will make them compassionate, caring, kind adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment