Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mind over matter

I was talking to a friend yesterday about mind over matter and how sometimes the placebo effect can really help with certain things.   I truly believe it can.  I ordered some essential oils to see if they can help me with the unending fatigue and depresseion of living with a chronic disease and I'm not sure if they are going to work or not but figure they can't hurt (did get a doctor's approval).  Even if they work due to me thinking they work, that  is fine with me. 
All of this positive thinking has gotten me into a great mood today.  I got up, showered, did my hair and makeup and it is amazing how doing these little things can help your mood and in turn your physical body.  Granted, I'm still exhausted and in pain but my emotional well being is better.  I have an apt today with my surgeon and I'm determined that it will go well and I just hope that my optimistic bubble will not be burst today.
Please.... Let me just have one day full of good things;)

No comments:

Post a Comment