Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Elimination Diet---Yikes

All I can say about this is..."Oh crap, what did I sign on for?"  I went to see a nutritionist for the first time this morning to see if there was anything nutriotionally that I could do to help my disease; I thought cutting out processed foods and things like that.  Well, we are cutting out a lot more than that.  She pulled up a few articles that suggest doing an elimination diet for Lupus in case there is a food causing some of the problems so we decided that it was probably in my best interest to give it a shot. 
For the next two weeks, I can not eat any grains, processed foods, dairy, citrus or "bad" fats.  This basically cuts out my entire normal diet.  I also have to give up my dearly loved diet soda (so, I'm binging on it all today).  After the two weeks, I should feel better and then I can slowly introduce things back into my diet.  It is very similar to how babies are introduced to new foods.
I'm very excited about it because this may be very good for me but also a bit nervous about what the next 2 weeks are going to be like.  If anyone has done this, please let me know as I would love suggestions.
                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment