Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A month ago today!!!

This time last month, I was told that I had liver damage due to all of the medications that I take to control my lupus, depression and anxiety.  Because of the damage I had to halve some of my medications and cut out the rest of them until my liver function returned to the normal range.  Fortunately, it returned to normal and I have started reintroducing some of the meds but others have had to stay at half the dosage.  This was very scary for me as I never had this problem before and didn't know what the future held for me.
Because of the reduction in meds, I started looking into other more natural approaches.  One thing I did was make an appointment with a nutrionist (which is tomorrow) and the other was to start using essential oils.  After 2 weeks of using the oils, I no longer need one of the anxiety medications and I sleep beautifully.  I was so skeptical about them but figured it was worth a shot and it seems to be working.  I'm not 100% it isn't just psychological but even if it is, I don't care; it is helping.
Over this past month, I've learned that sometimes natural remedies (when used under guidance and correctly) can really help out and aid in the treatment of my disease.  Do I think it is going to cure me?  Definitely not, but do I think it can help me...yup!

No comments:

Post a Comment