Monday, March 15, 2010

Loving people while they are here on earth

I just found out that one of my best friends lost her mom yesterday evening and I feel so bad for her.  I can't imagine what it would be like to loose my mom and I'm sure that I would be inconsoloble with my grief.  This got me thinking that I really need to let the people I love know that I love them every day.  Life is so short and can change in an instant without notice.  My friend's mom went to sleep and never woke back up which is so scary since there is absolutely no idea and no chance at all to say good-bye but at least she died in peace and didn't suffer. 
My great-grandfather used to always say "Don't cry when someone dies, cry when a baby is born", meaning that when a baby is born they have to go through all of the hardships of life but when they die they go to a much better place.  I believe in heaven so my belief is that their spirits go there and they don't need to deal with the hardships and suffering of life.  But, we, the people left behind, are the ones that suffer because we miss them.
May all of our loved ones rest in a much better place and give all of your loved ones a hug today as you never know what may happen in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment