Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ruined the Day

Today, we decided to head out on the boat to a new location on Fire Island called Atlantinque.  It is supposed to be great but is reserved for Town Residents but they said at the discretion of the dockmaster they will allow other towns.  We decided it was worth a shot.  After an hour of boating in 95 degree heat we got there and pulled into a slip only to find out that they weren't allowing non-residents.  By this point, I was feeling like crap and now the kids were cranky that we couldn't see the new place. 
We decided to head home because of how lousy I felt from the heat and the sun and my heart almost broke when my 4 year old started crying because we couldn't go to the beach and it was all my fault.  We could have headed to a local place on Fire Island or anchored offshore but I just didn't feel well enough to push through it today.  I felt so bad but there was nothing I could do about it. 
I know that I ruined the day for both of the kids and probably a bit for my husband.  I hate when things are out of my control or when I can't push through them and today was definitely one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment