Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What a great day!

I just have to share that I met another Lupus patient today for lunch and it was wonderful.  We met at Chuck E Cheese so that the kids could play and we could chat.  We talked for about  2 hours and it was so nice to meet someone who has been through something so similar to me.  She gave me some awesome tips for traveling and also some suggestions on how to deal with these horrible headaches as she had them when she started the same medication.  I'm really hoping that her suggestions work. 
Sometimes it can be very lonely having a chronic disease, especially when I'm not stabilized, and it felt so good to be able to talk freely about it and know that the she knew exactly where I was coming from.  The kids were awesome and played the entire time and I was so proud of how they behaved; it was like they knew that I needed this time for me.  I feel rejuvenated and ready to continue fighting with a much better mindset knowing that she has been in a much worse position than I am and she has come out the other side and is now feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment