Monday, July 12, 2010

Stupid Prednisone

Well, this is just a rant about the medication that I love to hate.  Prednisone has been a Godsend to me in getting my pleuritic pain under control however on Saturday I started with a reduced dosage while starting my new medication, which will take about a month to get up to the full dose.  I was truly hoping that this would work and I do think it will work once I get to the full dose but I woke up today with the lovely pain again when I breathe.  Granted, I had a very busy week and weekend and probably pushed it too hard since I was feeling good but still.  I'm going to try and toughen it out for a bit and see if my body can get used to the lower dose of prednisone over the next couple of days or until I see my doc again but I'm just annoyed that my body won't let go of the prednisone just yet.

However, I was feeling well enough the last few days to truly enjoy a great visit with wonderful friends, then a block party and then a day on the boat with my family.  I'm so thankful for the good days that I do have and take advantage of them as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment