Saturday, December 12, 2009

So glad that I am the sick one!!!

As it gets closer to the holidays it seems like I see a lot more commercials for St. Jude's Children's Hospital  http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f2bfab46cb118010VgnVCM1000000e2015acRCRD and each time that I see them they break my heart and my eyes well up with tears at the thought of these children going through this.  I know that children are resilient but no child should have to endure a sickness like that.

As an adult, I often question why I am in pain, or so exhausted, or why I have to take so many medications...but I am an adult and have the maturity to know that it is part of my disease.  It just seems so unfair to put a child through this even though it is necessary and hopefully life-saving.  I also want to commend their parents as it must be a living hell but they remain so strong for their children.

I know that after writing this post I am going to give my children a big hug and thank God that they are healthy and I hope that everyone else does that too.  For those of you with sick children, my thoughts and prayers go out to you for strength and healing and wishing that I could take some of the pain away from your children. 

Wouldn't it be great if life worked that way?  We could help others out by taking some of their pain away at least for a day to give them a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment